Thursday, January 03, 2008

Wow, how time flies

Apparently slogging through the daily dirge of life hasn't been quite a challenge lately. No posts in half of a year leads me to believe that I'm either too busy living life to write about it, or I've just not had anything profound to say. Whatever the case, life has indeed been plentiful as of late. The end of October brought the birth of our first child, a little girl! Marley Anastasia is a beaut, and we couldn't be more blessed to have such a great child. Adjusting hasn't been a problem at all, especially since we have a fantastic support network (marketroid speak for family).

Work is busy and the holidays were great. Family came to town, and we lived it up. I had joined Glo's no-drinking deal during the pregnancy, but with Marley now with us, we've allowed ourselves to relive some of our old favorite beers. Glo loves her beers ya know, and I'm not one to shy away either. In 2008, stay tuned for more posts to my Big Beers blog. I've had a number of goodies recently, and I plan to finally make my first brew as well, so I'll be sure to post on that.

I'm looking forward to the coming year. More time watching Marley grow, and I have my eyes on the next level in triathlon. With three sprint races under my belt, I'm finally ready for Olympic distance. There ... I put it in writing, so I guess I'm committed now. I'll do the BasilDocs sprint race again, and there's a distinct possibility that I'll also do the Georgetown Half-Marathon (another goal of mine that I'm finally ready to tackle).

Sorry for the lack of witticisms and political posturing in this post ... with the election year finally here, we'll have plenty of time for those rants.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home